Surveying employees-flexible workweek schedule

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

FoghornLeghorn
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Surveying employees-flexible workweek schedule

Post by FoghornLeghorn »

Hi!

I'm a political scientist and I'm trying to help a friend who manages an animal hospital (less than 25 employees) to design a survey questionnaire for collecting information from his staff concerning switching to an alternative (flexible) workweek schedule: 10hrs/day, 4days/week.

According to State regulations, the employer must (1) poll employees and ask each of them if they are interested in working 4 days/week, 10 hours/day, (2) record the results of "all in favor" of the proposed flexible work schedule and "all against" it, (3) also specifically record the number of employees that "elect" or "would opt" to work 10-hour days, 4 days/week. I was explained that the questions must clearly distinguish between "being in favor" and "electing" the proposed alternative (flexible) schedule.

Anyone has any suggestions for the type of questions (and the order) that a brief survey for this situation should include that would sufficiently and reasonably address these state requirements?

Thank you for looking into this! :D
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Surveying employees-flexible workweek schedule

Post by amyc »

Hi - The Science Buddies Ask an Expert forums are available to provide assistance with K-12 science projects.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Careers in Science”