Environmental Science & Engineering

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Alpine
Project Question: Side effects & advantages of Kelp forest cultivation and pete moss cultivation.
Project Due Date: 2nd September 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Environmental Science & Engineering

Post by Alpine »

I'm a 11th grader (from India). I have taken Physics,Chemistry,Biology & Maths in school as I'm interested in pursuing a career in environment related field. Initially I was interested in Environmental science but now I'm confused between that and environmental engineering, confused as in what happens in which field. I'm interested in finding solutions of environmental problems but of course I like to study them as well. So which career will be more suitable for me?
On side note, something which may help with the above question. As a student I've always been average-above average level (unless something is related to environment). I'm more interested in environment related things than others. So I also want to know what qualifications are needed for both the careers (please post in separate paragraphs to avoid confusion) and also which subject needs stronger background.
Thank you. :)
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Environmental Science & Engineering

Post by amyc »

Hi - We have profiles and in-depth materials related to both Environmental Science and Environmental Engineering career paths. You may find it helpful to review these materials, watch the video interviews, and look at the Project Ideas (see the right-hand side of each profile) that are ones relevant to each area.

Science Careers: Environmental Engineer
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... c001.shtml

Science Careers: Environmental Scientist
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... c001.shtml

There are other "environmental" or conservation-oriented careers listed in our Science Careers section as well, so please do look around! It's great to be thinking about these questions.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Careers in Science”