Cell Phone Radiation

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

jjhkkej
Project Question: Cell Phone Radiation
Project Due Date: Mid-November (exact date TBA)
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Cell Phone Radiation

Post by jjhkkej »

I found this project (https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p068.shtml) on this website, titled "Does your Cell Phone Leak?". Well, I ordered the $40 leakage meter with my own babysitting money, so you can imagine my frustration when it arrived today and measured microwave leakage just fine, but does nothing to measure cell phone leakage. Please help, and soon, because our experiment has to be done soon. Like, in two weeks. And I can't afford another, more expensive meter. I must be doing something wrong, but I'm doing everything the guide says, but all I'm getting is 0.00.
Thanks!
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Cell Phone Radiation

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your equipment. Have you called the manufacturer (not who you purchased from) customer service line and asked for help? These products advertise that they can detect cell phone leakage, so they should help you to ensure you are using it properly. Give it a shot. You never know.

If you are still having problems with this particular model, I recommend asking for a refund and purchasing another one. You can search online for reviews of products to see what other customers think of the product.

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”