Experiment

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

sciencegirlie
Project Question: How many times should I do my experiment?
Project Due Date: May 16th
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Experiment

Post by sciencegirlie »

Hi! I'm sciencegirlie and I need help! I want to know how many times I need to do my Science Fair Experiment before the Fair. I have lots of time because the fair is on May 16. My experiment is pretty easy so would twice be enough? Thanks for your input and time!

~sciencegirlie :D
vysarge
Former Expert
Project Question: Student volunteer.
Project Due Date: N/a: see above.
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Experiment

Post by vysarge »

Hi sciencegirlie!

There's a good explanation of that here on the Science Buddies site. Some experiments will give better information if they're done more, though- a survey project or a similar project involving humans or intelligent animals will usually be more accurate if it has at least twenty participants.

Good luck with your project!
Vysarge
-Vysarge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
-Richard Feynman
sciencegirlie
Project Question: How many times should I do my experiment?
Project Due Date: May 16th
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Experiment

Post by sciencegirlie »

Thanks so much! :D

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”