NEED HELP ON MY TOPIC

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

joanne96
Project Question: Does the different temperatures effect the density of acrylic paint?
Project Due Date: Sometime in January
Project Status: I am just starting

NEED HELP ON MY TOPIC

Post by joanne96 »

My science fair idea is Does the different temperatures effect the desntiy of acrylic paint?
is this an appropriate idea for my grade and how am i supposed to do the experiment with the acrylic paint?
I really don't know what to look for, what to write on my background research and how i'm going to carry on my experiment..
i really need help as soon as possible. Thank you!
audreyln
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: NEED HELP ON MY TOPIC

Post by audreyln »

This is an very interesting idea and I think it is appropriate for your grade. However, I think you should carefully conduct your background research and develop your experimental method to ensure you can obtain good results.

I think an excellent place to start would be to research the effect of temperature on the density of different substances like water. Then I think it would be important to understand what acrylic paint is made up of. For example, if there is a lot of water in it it may behave like water when you test different temperatures.

To test the density of the paint you will need to determine the exact volume of paint you are using and the exact weight of the paint. You will need to control one of these variables (volume or weight) and then test the other at different temperatures.

Audrey
sanchezz
Project Question: what is the effect of size of particles on chemical reactions?
Project Due Date: march 8, 2012
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by sanchezz »

the topic of my Science Fair Project is: the effect of size of particles on chemical reactions.
i do not know what to do.
wendellwiggins
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by wendellwiggins »

Hello sanchezz,

Please start a new thread for your new question. It was almost missed because you tacked your question on to an old thread.

If you don't understand anything about particle size and chemical reactions, maybe you should choose a different topic. See https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml.

If you want to pursue your topic, please supply more information and a specific question.

WW

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”