Can you use a research paper twice?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

CAS124
Project Question: Which toothpaste brand works fastest in cleaning coffee from egg shell?
Project Due Date: Dec. 14, 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Can you use a research paper twice?

Post by CAS124 »

Can I use the same research paper I used last year? Because my experiment this year is very similar to the one I did last year and I already have the research from my old experiment. Would it be considered plagiarizing or is it ok to use it 'cause it'd be hard to find different information on the same thing twice.
Can you use the same research paper you used last year and still do a similar experiment? Because I have a lot of research from last year and it's hard to find information different from what I already have on the independent variables.
sunmoonstars
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Can you use a research paper twice?

Post by sunmoonstars »

You can reference the same paper you referenced in a previous project. Scientists often do this when they publish new papers, as they tend to build upon their provious work and still need to explain the background.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”