INTERVIEW NEEDED, PLEASE HELP DUE JAN 10th. THANKS

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Thecandyman
Project Question: Does the method and time taffy is pulled effect the ability to stretch it, making a chewier piece?
(For this question, I just need to conduct my interview with an expert)
Project Due Date: 1/10/12
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

INTERVIEW NEEDED, PLEASE HELP DUE JAN 10th. THANKS

Post by Thecandyman »

Hello there!

My topic for my science project is elasticity/physical/chemical science. The project question is: Does the Method and time taffy is pulled, effect the elasticity/"strechiness" of the taffy. I was wondering if I could interview an expert on this topic. Thanks!

Questions below:

What kind of Scientist do you specialize in?

What kind of Science would you classify my experiment? Or do you agree with my thinking?

How do sugar crystals change to become grouped together and fluid?

Do you have any advice in how I should explain my experiment in my conclusions/discussions?

What do you think the outcome will be? What is your hypothesis? Methods: Machine, Hook, and Hand. Each method is tried 3 times with 3 different time intervals. 2 mins, 5 mins, and 10 mins.

How do you think the outcome will
*possibly*
help people?

Does the science you specialize in, allow you to work in the field of candy making?

Does your profession allow you to make candy? or any other food?

What is your general idea of science question?

Do you have any advice you could offer me, when conducting my experiment, or when I'm writing my full report?

Thank you for your time (as I know I have many questions)!
-the candy man
wendellwiggins
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: INTERVIEW NEEDED, PLEASE HELP DUE JAN 10th. THANKS

Post by wendellwiggins »

Hello Thecandyman,

You may not receive an answer to your request for an interview because Science Buddies does not have experts in every detailed area of science and technology. Interview requests are given replies only when one of our experts feels qualified to answer. Please review the information on interviews here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... =25&t=5681

Although our Experts are available to help with science projects, you may find that you do not receive a reply to interview questions at Ask an Expert. Following the guidelines at the linked page (above) may help you better frame your questions in a way that will be answered. But you may also want to look for a local Expert to interview to meet the due date of your assignment.

Good luck, WW

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”