How music affects your heart rate

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

IneedSraightA's
Project Question: How muisc can affect your heart rate.
Project Due Date: January26th
Project Status: I am just starting

How music affects your heart rate

Post by IneedSraightA's »

Soo... my sciencefair project is due on the 26th of January and I NEED HELP! I've been writing down alots of notes for my subject. Now my question is, how should i start off my research paper?? :(
KrishnaPatel
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How music affects your heart rate

Post by KrishnaPatel »

Hello,
I'm a little confused, so I'm going to ask you a couple of questions.
1. Have you conducted your experiment?
2. Did your teacher give you rubric for your experiment?

If she did, start off with that. If she didn't follow the scientific method. Here are the steps of the scientific method: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... thod.shtml.

I hope this helps!
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I’ve never met anybody who wasn’t important before.”
— The Eleventh Doctor
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How music affects your heart rate

Post by HeatherL »

Hi there,

According to your profile, it says that you are just starting your project. Is it your background research that is due on January 26th, or the whole project? If you are just starting, it will be quite difficult to conduct this study in less than a week! (It's not impossible, just very difficult.)

If you need a quick project, try looking for something using the Topic Selection Wizard on the Science Buddies website: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... gister.php You can enter your due date so the wizard can help you find something that won't take too long.

If you only need to conduct your background research before January 26th, then you have a realistic goal. Try typing "how music affects your heart rate" into your favorite search engine to get started. Remember that Wikipedia is a good jumping-off place, but is not considered an actual reference. You can try Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com) for scientific articles.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

Heather

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”