Brain Gym Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

kevala
Project Question: The purpose of my project is to determine which improves academic performance the best: exercise, Brain Gym, or a combination of the two.
Project Due Date: March 6
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Brain Gym Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kevala »

What is brain gym? Does it really work. I can not find any scientific studies that say brain gym increases cognitive function in an average classroom. Does anyone know any studies on brain gym or has ever done brain gym before and have an opinion?

Thanks so much :)
John Dreher
Former Expert
Occupation: Astronomer, Professor of Physics, SETI Researcher (retired)
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Brain Gym Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by John Dreher »

There are some references in the Wikipedia article at this URL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_gym
vysarge
Former Expert
Project Question: Student volunteer.
Project Due Date: N/a: see above.

Post by vysarge »

Hi kevala!

I have done a few in-depth searches and have not found any experiments which appear to be scientifically rigorous and fully unbiased- a discussion of this can be found in this paper, and a few other sources can also be found at the bottom of the article. Many of these sources can also be found in the Wikipedia article, as mentioned by John Dreher above.

However, I haven't had the time to do a complete search- you could try checking at this site for scientific articles, as a Google search seems to return mostly unreliable, commercial articles and sites. If I find anything further, I'll post it here.

Good luck with this project!
Vysarge
-Vysarge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
-Richard Feynman
JTeplitz
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: m/a

Post by JTeplitz »

Hi

You can go to http://braingym.org/studies for their research studies. Also, I have done numerous studies in the business arena using Brain Gym. You can go to http://www.teplitz.com/BrainGymResearch.htm.
kevala
Project Question: The purpose of my project is to determine which improves academic performance the best: exercise, Brain Gym, or a combination of the two.
Project Due Date: March 6
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by kevala »

Thank you soooo much! :D

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”