acknowledgements

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

alleecatt
Project Question: How does brand affect the strength of fishing line ?
Project Due Date: Februaury 27th, 2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

acknowledgements

Post by alleecatt »

Is there a certian outline to write an acknowledgement? I have a lot of people to thank and I was wondering what format I need to write it in. What should I include ? I intend to get a high mark on my science fair, so thats why I need to know every little detail from title, down to acknowledgements. Is there a certain way to write them, or do I just say "thank you grandma, thank you cousin" and so on, or do I have to say why ?
VSegarra
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: acknowledgements

Post by VSegarra »

Hi!!
Acknowledgements are usually written in a paragraph format. Also, it is common for the author to briefly describe the reason for the acknowledgement; examples include funding or monetary support, intellectual contributions to the work/experimental design, or help editing the final piece of work.
Hope this helps,
Veronica

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”