Exploring Engineering with Hands-on Building Systems
Whether beams and bolts or brick-based, toy building systems give kids (and tinkerers of all ages!) the chance to explore engineering, mechanics, and, today, even robotics. In the "Stair Master: Build an All-Terrain Robot" robotics Project Idea, students use LEGO® Mindstorms® to experiment with different kinds of wheel alternatives. Not every wheel suits every need. Identifying the challenge or problem is an important step in the engineering design process!
What does it take to build a successful all-terrain robot? The best way to find out and to test your theory about what will work is to put it to the test!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- Women's History Month: 50+ Women in Science and Engineering to Learn More About
- Learn More About these 28 Scientists for Black History Month
- STEM is for Everyone: Jane Goodall, Zoologist
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- STEM is for Everyone: Annie Jump Cannon, Classifier of Stars
- 2020 Nobel Science Experiments for K-12 Students
- Halloween STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make a Bristlebot
Two-Stage Balloon Rocket Introduction
Make a Lemon Volcano - Fun Science Experiment