Exploring Engineering with Hands-on Building Systems
Whether beams and bolts or brick-based, toy building systems give kids (and tinkerers of all ages!) the chance to explore engineering, mechanics, and, today, even robotics. In the "Stair Master: Build an All-Terrain Robot" robotics Project Idea, students use LEGO® Mindstorms® to experiment with different kinds of wheel alternatives. Not every wheel suits every need. Identifying the challenge or problem is an important step in the engineering design process!
What does it take to build a successful all-terrain robot? The best way to find out and to test your theory about what will work is to put it to the test!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- STEM is for Everyone: Richard Mankin, Entomologist
- STEM is for Everyone: Wanda Díaz-Merced, Astrophysicist
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- STEM is for Everyone: Ralph Braun, Engineer
Explore Our Science Videos
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!
Why Do Apples and Bananas Turn Brown? - STEM activity
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids