Fourth of July Science for Family Fun
Take advantage of summer traditions to do hands-on with science with your kids!
Nighttime fireworks displays are common in the U.S. as part of Fourth of July celebrations. Popular for people of all ages, these dazzling light shows are stunning displays of science. With family-friendly science activities from Science Buddies, you and your kids can talk about the science and even experiment at home to learn more about fireworks.
Family Science All Summer Long
From fireworks to lightning bugs and ice cream, summer offers a number of ways to do exciting hands-on science exploration with kids. Use our roundup of Fourth of July-inspired science projects to pick a fun activity that ties in with the holiday. These hands-on STEM activities are easy to do at home, touch on many different areas of science, and help extend science learning over the summer break!
For other fun summer science activities, see Get Ready for Summer Science.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- Free Resources Support Teacher's Innovative STEM Academy
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 6 Steps to Success with the Fluor Engineering Challenge
- Take the Fluor Challenge for Engineers Week
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Lemon Volcano - Fun Science Experiment
How to Make a Bristlebot
Make a Homemade Fly Trap