Growing Science: Agriculture and Plant Projects
Projects that involve growing plants may involve extra time and planning. We have strategies to help students keep agriculture and plant science projects on track!
Plant-based Projects Take Time!
There are many exciting project ideas at Science Buddies for students interested in agriculture, plant, and food science. Whether students want to explore questions related to plant growth or strategies for crops and farmland, these hands-on science projects may required additional time and planning.
In our guest post on the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture site, we've provided strategies to help students stay on track and succeed with agriculture and plant science experiments from start to finish. See our Get Started on a "Growing" Science Project post for a helpful set of reminders for taking on a project that needs to be done over days, weeks, or months.
Pick a Plant Science or Agriculture Project
Students interested in plants, farming, agriculture, water conservation, and food sciences may enjoy projects like these:
- Attack of the Killer Cabbage Clones
- Bacteria Can Fix It! A Comparison of Nitrogen-Fixing Bacteria and Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Can Aloe Juice Save Your Berries from Mold?
- Earthworm Castings -- The Ideal Proportion in Soil for Young Garden Plants
- Feeding Earthworms: Do Different Diets Affect Them and the Soil They Enrich?
- Growing a Soil Menagerie
- Growing Great Gardens: Using Human Urine as a Fertilizer
- Home Sweet Biome: How Do Plants Grow in Different Environments?
- How Do Roots Grow When the Direction of Gravity Changes?
- Hydroponics: Gardening Without Soil
- Plants on the Move! Experiments with Phototropism
- Propagate Plants Without Using Seeds!
- Rad Radishes: Effects of Irradiation on Seed Germination
- Recycling Greywater: Can Plants Tolerate It?
- Rooftop Gardens: Are They a Cool Idea?
- Sprouting Sweet Potatoes Slips
To view related student science projects categorized by the amount of time required, see our post on the American Farm Bureau Foundation for America site. Click here to browse our full list of Plant Biology projects.
Thank you to the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture for inviting us to post!
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- STEM is for Everyone: Ralph Braun, Engineer
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- Best of STEM Resources in 2019
Explore Our Science Videos
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!
Make a Water Strider - STEM Activity
How to Make a Bristlebot