Potato Science Collection
Whether you prefer your potatoes mashed, fried, or as part of an alternate energy circuit, you can use these vegetables for a range of hands-on student science explorations!
If potatoes are on the menu this week, set a few aside for hands-on science—or turn your food preparation into a science experiment! From kitchen science to electronics, there are many science questions kids can explore using potatoes!
For potato-based science, see the following STEM projects:
- Have Your Chips Lost Their Chomp? Understanding How Food Becomes Rancid
- Hey, Do You C My Potatoes? Determining Vitamin C Amounts in Cooked Potatoes *
- How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?
- Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power!
- Simple Machines and Potato Holes
- Smashing for Mash: The Science of Making Memorable Mashed Potatoes!
- Sprouting Sweet Potatoes Slips
- You Want Fries With That? The Science of Crispy Potatoes
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
- 16 Projects to Jump-start Your Makerspace
- 12 Activities and Lessons to Teach Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Fall Science - Free STEM Activities for Autumn Fun
- Halloween STEM Activities
- Teaching Biotechnology at All Grade Levels
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
Toy Sailboat with Keel
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
DIY Toy Sailboat