Potato Science Collection
Whether you prefer your potatoes mashed, fried, or as part of an alternate energy circuit, you can use these vegetables for a range of hands-on student science explorations!
If potatoes are on the menu this week, set a few aside for hands-on science—or turn your food preparation into a science experiment! From kitchen science to electronics, there are many science questions kids can explore using potatoes!
For potato-based science, see the following STEM projects:
- Have Your Chips Lost Their Chomp? Understanding How Food Becomes Rancid
- Hey, Do You C My Potatoes? Determining Vitamin C Amounts in Cooked Potatoes *
- How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?
- Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power!
- Simple Machines and Potato Holes
- Smashing for Mash: The Science of Making Memorable Mashed Potatoes!
- Sprouting Sweet Potatoes Slips
- You Want Fries With That? The Science of Crispy Potatoes
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fun, Free, STEM Activities for Preschool
- 9 STEM Activities to Teach about States of Matter
- 6 STEM Activities to Teach about Thermal Energy and Heat
- Star Wars-themed STEM Activities for May 4th
- 12 Engineering Design Challenges Perfect for Remote Learning
- 8 Free Science Activities with Toilet Paper Tubes
- 6 STEM Activities for St. Patrick's Day
- 3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day
Explore Our Science Videos
DIY Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
Flower Dissection - STEM Activity