Potato Science Collection
Whether you prefer your potatoes mashed, fried, or as part of an alternate energy circuit, you can use these vegetables for a range of hands-on student science explorations!
If potatoes are on the menu this week, set a few aside for hands-on science—or turn your food preparation into a science experiment! From kitchen science to electronics, there are many science questions kids can explore using potatoes!
For potato-based science, see the following STEM projects:
- Have Your Chips Lost Their Chomp? Understanding How Food Becomes Rancid
- Hey, Do You C My Potatoes? Determining Vitamin C Amounts in Cooked Potatoes *
- How Greasy Are Your Potato Chips?
- Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power!
- Simple Machines and Potato Holes
- Smashing for Mash: The Science of Making Memorable Mashed Potatoes!
- Sprouting Sweet Potatoes Slips
- You Want Fries With That? The Science of Crispy Potatoes
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Mario Day Activities — Bring Mario World to Life with Hands-on STEM!
- Teach About Electricity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Teach About Magnetism with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Free Valentine's Day STEM Activities
- Mars Rover Landing: Space Science & Mars STEM Lessons and Activities
- Winter Science Lessons and Activities
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
Explore Our Science Videos
Why Won't it Mix? Discover the Brazil Nut Effect
How to Build an ArtBot
How to Make an Archimedes Screw - STEM Activity