5 Summer Science Picks for Independence Day!
Celebrate 4th of July or summer with hands-on science activities!
Five Fun Picks for 4th of July Science!
Independence Day celebrations often include colorful nighttime fireworks, noisy parades, and refreshing summer treats. Add a STEM twist to the your summer celebrations with one of these five hands-on science activities:
- Can You Kazoo?: this simple noisemaker will fit right in at a local parade
- Launching Homemade Baking Soda Rockets: these paper rockets are fun to try outside as part of the day's festivities
- Discover the Flaming Colors of Fireworks: find out how fireworks get their colors with this chemistry activity
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag: ice cream in a bag is a tasty food science activity for all ages
- LED Dance Glove: Get the Party Started with Your Own Interactive Light Show: with their own light-up glove (or patch), kids can add extra color to the night
The Discover the Flaming Colors of Fireworks activity helps kids discover the chemistry behind colorful fireworks displays. Watch the video below to see the activity in action.
Share Your Science Buddies Story!
Have you used a science project, STEM activity, or Lesson Plan from Science Buddies in your class or program? We would love to hear your story! Email us at email@example.com and tell us how you use Science Buddies with students.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
- 15+ STEM Lessons and Activities to Teach Chemical Reactions
- Fun, Free, STEM Activities for Preschool
- 9 STEM Activities to Teach about States of Matter
- 6 STEM Activities to Teach about Thermal Energy and Heat
- Star Wars-themed STEM Activities for May 4th
- 12 Engineering Design Challenges Perfect for Remote Learning
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Slushy! Yummy STEM Project
Cotton Ball Launcher - Fun STEM Activity
How to Build an ArtBot