Question about Making Everyday Objects Out of Mushrooms: Environmentally Friendly Design activity

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

BarnabyRobinson

Question about Making Everyday Objects Out of Mushrooms: Environmentally Friendly Design activity

Post by BarnabyRobinson »

Type your question below and then press Submit!
Hey there!

Lovely succinct explanation of the process, thanks guys. I plan on doing some experimenting with growing, so the question I am to ask I can in time figure out for myself, but I am creating an inventory for the equipment I will need to do this as a real experiment into growing mycelial products on a commercial scale.

My question is:
everytime I see products grow from mycelium, they seem to have big parts of material in the final product. Has there been tests conducted that suggest you can get a smoother, more refined final product is you heavily grind the substrate you allow the mycelium to grow within?

Do you have any other useful tips for someone looking to grow products at scale?

Many thanks for your time and consideration!

-------------------------------------
Leave this to help the Experts:
The activity can be viewed at: Making Everyday Objects Out of Mushrooms: Environmentally Friendly Design
amyCC
Site Admin
Project Question: *
Project Due Date: *
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Question about Making Everyday Objects Out of Mushrooms: Environmentally Friendly Design activity

Post by amyCC »

Hi - These forums are for students working on K-12 (school) science projects. The directions for this project aren't intended for a scaled or commercial venture.

We recommend using other general science forums to get input for growing outside beyond the scope of the project.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”