Help With Hypothesis

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

REYNAP

Help With Hypothesis

Post by REYNAP »

Hello,

I am doing the project "Can Biodegradable Hydrogels Help Conserve Water in Farming?" and I need help with the hypothesis because there are so many components to the experiment I am having trouble figuring out how to write it. Can someone please help me? I need to finish this in two days!!! :(
akulk
Student Expert

Re: Help With Hypothesis

Post by akulk »

Hello!

Since this project is centered on testing which of 3 different biodegradable hydrogels helps soil retain the most water, I would suggest basing your hypothesis on which hydrogel you think works best!

Hypotheses tend to follow the “if-then” format: “If (I do this), then (this) will happen.” In this experiment, you might structure it as: "(name) hydrogel will likely help the soil retain the most moisture because (specific feature of the hydrogel that you think will help it retain moisture).” I would recommend you check out this Science Buddies guide for more help on writing a hypothesis: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... hypothesis.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions – always happy to help!

Anika
SujinLee

Re: Help With Hypothesis

Post by SujinLee »

For your project, maybe you can start with something like, "If we incorporate biodegradable hydrogels into the soil, then we expect to observe a significant reduction in water usage and improved plant growth compared to traditional soil conditions."

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”