Antibiotic Resistance Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

alekyaviel

Antibiotic Resistance Help

Post by alekyaviel »

I need help!
Can someone tell me where I can find the materials for the Antibiotic Resistance science fair project.
I cant seem to find a list anywhere!
rbharambe
Student Expert

Re: Antibiotic Resistance Help

Post by rbharambe »

Hello!

Link to project: [https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... resistance]

This science fair project does not come with a materials list because it does not have a set experimental procedure. You will need to develop your own experimental procedure, and based on this, you can get the necessary materials.
In general, some supplies you may need are the bacteria strains, antibiotics, and agar Petri dishes. Carolina Biological is a great online site to purchase these supplies!
Since this project involves growing bacteria, you will need an adult supervisor to help you perform this in a laboratory setting. I would suggest also talking to them about supplies that they may already have and which bacteria they are comfortable having you work with.
After creating your procedure, if you need further help with the materials, feel free to reach out again!

I hope that helps!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”