A Geodesic Dome for the Season
Making a geodesic dome is always fun, no matter what materials you choose! With gumdrops and toothpicks, kids can make a dome and explore the math behind the structure. You can also upsize to straws or rolled newspaper!
Make your own geodesic dome with the Build a Gumdrop Geodesic Dome family-friendly science activity.
Explore other dome-related projects and posts at Science Buddies:
- Candy Corn Geodesic Dome
- Dome Sweet Dome
- Family Math: Making a Geodesic Dome from Straws
- Geodesic Gumdrop Dome: Weekly Science Activity
- Beyond Winter White: A Burst of Color for Winter Engineering
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Make some noise with three new science activities!
- Nine creative science projects to make and give!
- Science Project Success Story: Making paper speakers after school
- Colorful Walking Water Science Activity
- Is the Spoon Black or Silver?
- Colorful Candy Science
- 10 Boat and Submarine Science Projects
- The Physics of Falling Toast