A Geodesic Dome for the Season
Making a geodesic dome is always fun, no matter what materials you choose! With gumdrops and toothpicks, kids can make a dome and explore the math behind the structure. You can also upsize to straws or rolled newspaper!
Make your own geodesic dome with the Build a Gumdrop Geodesic Dome family-friendly science activity.
Explore other dome-related projects and posts at Science Buddies:
- Candy Corn Geodesic Dome
- Dome Sweet Dome
- Family Math: Making a Geodesic Dome from Straws
- Geodesic Gumdrop Dome: Weekly Science Activity
- Beyond Winter White: A Burst of Color for Winter Engineering
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
- 10 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Wizards and Magic: Summer of STEM (Week 3)
- Gadgets & Gizmos: Summer of STEM (Week 2)
- Carnival Science: Summer of STEM (Week 1)
- Wall Marble Run: Doing Fun Science at Home during School Closures (Activity #30)
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
Explore Our Science Videos
DIY Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
Flower Dissection - STEM Activity