Bird Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of zoology science projects that encourage families and students to use their observation skills to learn more about birds. What can you deduce about a bird's lifestyle or habitat by looking at its feet? More than you might think! Both the independent science project and the family science version guide students in an engaging bird feet scavenger hunt. The closer you look, the better, so pack a picnic lunch and head to a nearby park or pond for some bird watching! How many different types of bird feet will you spot?
- Can You Predict a Bird's Lifestyle Based on Its Feet? (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
- Bird-Spotting Science: Predict a Bird's Lifestyle Based on its Feet (science activity at Scientific American)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 STEM Gifts & Science Kits You'll Feel Good About Giving
- 13 Boat Science and Submarine Science Projects and Experiments
- July 4th STEM! Summer Science Picks for Independence Day!
- 12 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- 15 Science Projects to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Awesome Summer Science Experiments
- 10 STEM Activities with Cardboard Tubes