Dim Light; Bright Science
David Johnson, a 7th grader from Windsor Charter Academy, went to the Colorado State Science Fair last week with a science project idea he found on the Science Buddies website.
Answering questions posed by the Science Buddies Topic Selection Wizard helped Johnson find a good match for his interest in circuits and electronics— and a novel use for a #2 lead pencil!
- Sliding Light: How to Make a Dimmer Switch (Science Buddies Difficulty Level: 6)
Did you or one of your students do well in a local fair this year using a Science Buddies project idea? We'd love to hear about your success!
Local story: WindsorBeacon.com
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- 6 Steps to Success with the Fluor Engineering Challenge
- Take the Fluor Challenge for Engineers Week
- STEM is for Everyone: Nicholas Saunderson, Blind Mathematician
- 10 Fun Wintry Science Activities
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- 4 Football Science Projects for Super Bowl-Sized Learning
- Student Engineering: Make a Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
- Student Success and the Science of Stealth