Environmental Education STEM Project Roundup!
Science Buddies has great ideas for hands-on science projects and activities students can do to learn more about environmental science and sustainability.
There are many projects at Science Buddies that help guide students in independent exploration of environmental science topics and issues. The list below highlights 22 projects related to recycling, stewardship, conservation, sustainability, and environmental awareness from our library of more than 1,100 science projects for K-12 students. All of these projects can be excellent choices for exploration during National Environmental Education Week.
The following list of 22 hands-on projects represents a collection of exciting K-12 student science, technology, engineering, and math projects with an environmental science focus:
- Can Plants Stop Soil Erosion?
- Can Nanotechnology Help Clean Up Ocean Oil Spills? Try It Yourself with Ferrofluid
- Disappearing Act: How Fast Do Different Biodegradable & Compostable Materials Decompose?
- Do Migratory Birds Like It Hot?
- Do Your Storm Drains Keep the Ocean Trash Free?
- Dust Busters: How No-Plow Farmers Try to Save Our Soil
- Froggy Forecasting: How Frog Health Predicts Pond Health
- Go Green by Growing Green: How to Extract Energy from Grass
- Going Green as You Clean: Are 'Green' Detergents Less Toxic Than Conventional Detergents?
- Goo-Be-Gone: Cleaning Up Oil Spills
- Green Technology: Build an Electronic Soil Moisture Sensor to Conserve Water
- Growing Great Gardens: Using Human Urine as a Fertilizer
- Growing, Growing, Gone! An Experiment on Nitrogen Fertilizers
- Heavy Metals and Aquatic Environments
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow: Saving Migratory Animals
- Is it Getting Hot in Here? Investigate the Greenhouse Effect
- It's Raining, It's Pouring: Chemical Analysis of Rainwater
- Recycling Greywater: Can Plants Tolerate It?
- Riprap: It's Not Hip Hop But Erosion Stop
- Rooftop Gardens: Are They a Cool Idea?
- Too Much of a Good Thing? Study the Effect of Fertilizers on Algal Growth
- Something's Fishy About That Fertilizer
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fun, Free, STEM Activities for Preschool
- 9 STEM Activities to Teach about States of Matter
- 6 STEM Activities to Teach about Thermal Energy and Heat
- Star Wars-themed STEM Activities for May 4th
- 12 Engineering Design Challenges Perfect for Remote Learning
- 8 Free Science Activities with Toilet Paper Tubes
- 6 STEM Activities for St. Patrick's Day
- 3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day
Explore Our Science Videos
Why Won't it Mix? Discover the Brazil Nut Effect
Make a Lemon Volcano - Fun Science Experiment
Stretchy Balloons! Fun STEM Activity