Fluor Engineering Water Flow Challenge
The annual K-12 Fluor Engineering Challenge asks students to get hands-on with everyday materials to brainstorm, design, and test their solution to the challenge. All valid submissions will be entered for a chance to win money for the student's school or organization. This year's challenge is a water flow challenge inspired by the ancient Banaue Rice Terraces.
Can you channel ancient rice terrace engineering and design your own water flow? Take the #FluorChallenge, February 19 - March 17, 2017. www.sciencebuddies.org/fluor-challenge
Put the #FluorChallenge on Your Class Calendar!
The 2017 Fluor Engineering Challenge opens February 19, 2017. Students can submit entries through March 17, 2017. Every complete entry is a chance to win money for the student's school or organization in a random drawing.
- Read the full Fluor Challenge rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Read the Follow the Flow project
Streamline the Fluor Challenge with Google Classroom
Google Classroom teachers can add the Fluor Challenge to Google Classroom using Science Buddies' Google Classroom Integration. Curious about how to use Google Classroom for this challenge? Try one of these options:
- Assign the Fluor Challenge page as reading material so that students review the background information about the challenge.
- Assign the Follow the Flow project as reading material. Have students write a summary in Google Classroom of the challenge or answer specific questions related to the project.
- Assign the Fluor Challenge overview video. Have students watch the video and submit a written response in Google Classroom.
Why use Google Classroom Integration? By assigning the materials directly from Science Buddies, you will be able to easily tell which students have completed the assignment in Google Classroom.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Students Race to the Finish with Solar Sprint Cars
- Enter the 3M Young Scientist Challenge for a chance to win $25,000 & exclusive 3M mentorship
- 6 Steps to Success with the Fluor Engineering Challenge
- Take the Fluor Challenge for Engineers Week
- Fluor Engineering Volleyball Machine Challenge Overview Video
- Take the Fluor Challenge
- Fluor Engineering Water Flow Challenge
- Enter the Verizon App Challenge
Explore Our Science Videos
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!
Toy Sailboat with Keel