Get Ready for Summer Science
Summer break is a great time for kids to explore hands-on science just for the fun of it! We have recommendations for creative summer science projects they will enjoy.
Put Science on the Summer Calendar
After the first week or so, many kids realize that summer break leaves a lot of time to fill. Creative, hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities can help keep kids engaged and challenged all summer long. Hands-on science and engineering projects offer a great way to infuse the summer with brain-boosting fun.
Science Buddies has hundreds of STEM activities, projects, and experiments that can be done at home as summer family exploration or as independent student projects. Check the following collections of projects for some of our top picks for summer break in several popular categories.
- Your Guide to Science Activities for Summer Break
- Creative Science and Engineering for Kids
- Backyard Bird Science
- Boat and Submarine Science
- Build Fun Robots with Students
- Colorful STEM Projects for Summer Science Fun
- Kitchen Science Roundup!
- Balloon Science Activities
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Mario Day Activities — Bring Mario World to Life with Hands-on STEM!
- Teach About Electricity with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Teach About Magnetism with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Free Valentine's Day STEM Activities
- Mars Rover Landing: Space Science & Mars STEM Lessons and Activities
- Winter Science Lessons and Activities
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
Explore Our Science Videos
Why Do Apples and Bananas Turn Brown? - STEM activity
DIY Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
5 Easy Fizzing & Foaming Science Projects