Get Ready for Summer Science
Summer break is a great time for kids to explore hands-on science just for the fun of it! We have recommendations for creative summer science projects they will enjoy.
Put Science on the Summer Calendar
After the first week or so, many kids realize that summer break leaves a lot of time to fill. Creative, hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities can help keep kids engaged and challenged all summer long. Hands-on science and engineering projects offer a great way to infuse the summer with brain-boosting fun.
Science Buddies has hundreds of STEM activities, projects, and experiments that can be done at home as summer family exploration or as independent student projects. Check the following collections of projects for some of our top picks for summer break in several popular categories.
- Your Guide to Science Activities for Summer Break
- Creative Science and Engineering for Kids
- Backyard Bird Science
- Boat and Submarine Science
- Build Fun Robots with Students
- Colorful STEM Projects for Summer Science Fun
- Kitchen Science Roundup!
- Balloon Science Activities
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
- 16 Projects to Jump-start Your Makerspace
- 12 Activities and Lessons to Teach Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Fall Science - Free STEM Activities for Autumn Fun
- Halloween STEM Activities
- Teaching Biotechnology at All Grade Levels
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!
Make a Water Strider - STEM Activity
How to Make a Bristlebot