Get Ready for Summer Science
Summer break is a great time for kids to explore hands-on science just for the fun of it! We have recommendations for creative summer science projects they will enjoy.
Put Science on the Summer Calendar
After the first week or so, many kids realize that summer break leaves a lot of time to fill. Creative, hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities can help keep kids engaged and challenged all summer long. Hands-on science and engineering projects offer a great way to infuse the summer with brain-boosting fun.
Science Buddies has hundreds of STEM activities, projects, and experiments that can be done at home as summer family exploration or as independent student projects. Check the following collections of projects for some of our top picks for summer break in several popular categories.
- Your Guide to Science Activities for Summer Break
- Creative Science and Engineering for Kids
- Backyard Bird Science
- Boat and Submarine Science
- Build Fun Robots with Students
- Colorful STEM Projects for Summer Science Fun
- Kitchen Science Roundup!
- Balloon Science Activities
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Boredom Busters: STEM Activities for End-of-Year Fun
- Art Experiments for Science Class
- 12 Paper STEM Activities!
- Teach About Newton's Laws of Motion
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
- Paper Chromatography Science Projects & Experiments
- 20+ Earth Day Science Experiments and Activities
- Teach About Robotics with Free STEM Lessons & Activities