New Summer Science Fellows Videos
Our Summer Science Fellows recently turned the camera on themselves and had a great time shooting videos related to two of our Project Ideas. Here's a recap from Maddy:
"In July, the six Science Buddies Summer Fellows met and discussed ways that social media could be used to connect more students, teachers, and families to Science Buddies resources. After considering the various ways individuals use online media, we agreed that a fun and engaging approach to getting the audience interested in, and excited about, Science Buddies Project Ideas would be to create YouTube videos demonstrating cool Project Ideas ourselves.
We hope these videos will become a series of YouTube vignettes. For our first two installations, we decided to demonstrate the following projects:
- Forensic Science: Building Your Own Tool for Identifying DNA: a clever Do-it-Yourself biotechnology project
- Getting a Bang Out of Breath Spray: Studying the Chemistry and Physics of a Small Explosion: an explosive physics and chemistry project
The videos, posted on the Science Buddies YouTube channel, reflect the diverse personalities, interests, and talents of the Summer Fellows, and we hope that they highlight and spread our enthusiasm for Science Buddies and science education."
It looks like the Summer Science Fellows had a great time, and we hope you enjoy the videos! We're looking forward to seeing more! The two projects demonstrated in their first two videos can be found here:
- Getting a Bang Out of Breath Spray: Studying the Chemistry and Physics of a Small Explosion
- Forensic Science: Building Your Own Tool for Identifying DNA
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Real-world Blood Typing and the Value of Blood Donation
- A Pet Science Project Success
- Laurel vs. Yanny and Student STEM
- Inspiring Students about STEM Careers and Robotics
- Celebrate Engineers Week with the Fluor Challenge
- Can Aerodynamic Suits Give U.S. Speed Skaters an Edge?
- Build a Simple Special Delivery Robot for Valentine's Day
- Put a Heart Health Spin on Valentine's Day