PG&E recently asked the state of California to approve plans to turn to space-based solar systems as a source of clean energy. With plans for the satellite which would relay the solar energy to be designed and completed by Solaren Corp by 2016, it sounds far off, but, as reported by Scientific American, the promises of such a near-constant source of renewable energy are abundant.
Analysis of renewable energy sources takes center-stage in the Science Buddies science fair project idea: Free Lunch? Can Solar Energy Systems Pay for Themselves with Utility Bill Savings?. Additional Science Buddies information on renewable energy can be found in this abbreviated project idea: Renewable Energy Sources.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- STEM is for Everyone: Ralph Braun, Engineer
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- Best of STEM Resources in 2019
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Thermometer - STEM Activity
Lift Ice with Yarn STEM activity
5 Easy Fizzing & Foaming Science Projects