PG&E recently asked the state of California to approve plans to turn to space-based solar systems as a source of clean energy. With plans for the satellite which would relay the solar energy to be designed and completed by Solaren Corp by 2016, it sounds far off, but, as reported by Scientific American, the promises of such a near-constant source of renewable energy are abundant.
Analysis of renewable energy sources takes center-stage in the Science Buddies science fair project idea: Free Lunch? Can Solar Energy Systems Pay for Themselves with Utility Bill Savings?. Additional Science Buddies information on renewable energy can be found in this abbreviated project idea: Renewable Energy Sources.
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- 4 Football Science Projects for Super Bowl-Sized Learning
- Student Engineering: Make a Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
- Student Success and the Science of Stealth
- Plastic Pollution and World Oceans Day
- Real-world Blood Typing and the Value of Blood Donation
- A Pet Science Project Success
- Laurel vs. Yanny and Student STEM