PG&E recently asked the state of California to approve plans to turn to space-based solar systems as a source of clean energy. With plans for the satellite which would relay the solar energy to be designed and completed by Solaren Corp by 2016, it sounds far off, but, as reported by Scientific American, the promises of such a near-constant source of renewable energy are abundant.
Analysis of renewable energy sources takes center-stage in the Science Buddies science fair project idea: Free Lunch? Can Solar Energy Systems Pay for Themselves with Utility Bill Savings?. Additional Science Buddies information on renewable energy can be found in this abbreviated project idea: Renewable Energy Sources.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Rev Up STEM Learning with Car Science Projects
- Halloween STEM Ideas
- STEM is for Everyone: Geerat Vermeij, a Paleoecologist who is Blind
- Student Discovers Green Thumb Growing Plants without Water
- Elementary School Student Finds Science Fair Success
- 10 Projects to Get Started Building Circuits on a Breadboard!
- Students Race to the Finish with Solar Sprint Cars
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Build a Brushbot
Make Fake Snow - Craft Your Science Project
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste