PG&E recently asked the state of California to approve plans to turn to space-based solar systems as a source of clean energy. With plans for the satellite which would relay the solar energy to be designed and completed by Solaren Corp by 2016, it sounds far off, but, as reported by Scientific American, the promises of such a near-constant source of renewable energy are abundant.
Analysis of renewable energy sources takes center-stage in the Science Buddies science fair project idea: Free Lunch? Can Solar Energy Systems Pay for Themselves with Utility Bill Savings?. Additional Science Buddies information on renewable energy can be found in this abbreviated project idea: Renewable Energy Sources.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Hispanic Scientists and Engineers - Hispanic Heritage Month
- Ocean Sciences Projects, Lessons, and Experiments
- 13 Boat Science and Submarine Science Projects and Experiments
- Sun and Solar Science Projects
- Rev Up STEM Learning with Car Science Projects
- Popsicle Stick STEM Projects
- Inspiring AAPI Scientists and Engineers - Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing