Science Mom's Radio Appearance
If you missed Science Mom on the radio Saturday morning, you missed a great talk about science, parenting, and the ways in which science impacts every aspect of our lives!
Science Mom talked with Joanie Greggains about Science Buddies and the importance of bringing science into the home and making it part of everyday family life. Encouraging parents to not be intimidated by talking about science with their kids, Courtney stressed: "It's not about having the answer. It's about having the willingness to find the answer."
Giving parents examples of the kinds of science projects that can help parents explore health and fitness with kids, Courtney and Joanie talked about projects like these from the Science Buddies directory of project ideas:
- Is That Cat Fat? (Difficulty: 2)
- Mag-nificent Breakfast Cereal (Difficulty: 2)
- A Day in the Life of Your Heart (Difficulty: 2-3)
- The Brain-Body Connection: Can Exercise Really Make Our Brains Work Better? (Difficulty: 3)
- Skipping Science: An Experiment in Jump Rope Lengths (Difficulty: 2-3)
You can download or listen online to Courtney's May 8, Science Mom appearance on the Joanie Greggains sho (KGO AM 810): http://vaca.bayradio.com/podcasts/Joanie8am050810.mp3. (Courtney's segment appears about halfway through the show.)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Student Discovers Green Thumb Growing Plants without Water
- Elementary School Student Finds Science Fair Success
- 10 Projects to Get Started Building Circuits on a Breadboard!
- Students Race to the Finish with Solar Sprint Cars
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Hygrometer to Measure Humidity - STEM activity
How to Make an Electromagnet
Fire Snake Experiment