Seeing Tonic Water Glow: Weekly Science Activity
In this week's spotlight: a chemistry-focused family science activity that puts light energy, ultraviolet light, and visible light on display. With ordinary tonic water and a black light, families can learn more about ultraviolet light. What happens to the glow when you add a bit of bleach to the tonic water? Put it to the test to find out!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
- 10 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Wizards and Magic: Summer of STEM (Week 3)
- Gadgets & Gizmos: Summer of STEM (Week 2)
- 7 Science Kits for Summer Discovery
- Carnival Science: Summer of STEM (Week 1)
Explore Our Science Videos
Two-Stage Balloon Rocket Introduction
Vibration & Sound: Make Sprinkles Dance
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!