Seeing Tonic Water Glow: Weekly Science Activity
In this week's spotlight: a chemistry-focused family science activity that puts light energy, ultraviolet light, and visible light on display. With ordinary tonic water and a black light, families can learn more about ultraviolet light. What happens to the glow when you add a bit of bleach to the tonic water? Put it to the test to find out!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good About Giving
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- 10 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
- 18 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Carnival STEM (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Wacky Water Science (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
Explore Our Science Videos
How Much Weight Can Boats Float?
How to Make Edible Rice Paper
Race Through Space with Gravity Assist Maneuvers