Soil Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of environmental science and geology projects that let families and students investigate a biogeochemical cycle, a kind of reuse and recycling process that helps support an ecosystem. In either the independent science project or the family science version, students create and cultivate a miniature biosphere, called a Winogradsky column, to explore the relationship between available nutrients and the microorganisms that grow in a sample of soil.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Backyard Science: Summer of STEM (Week 10)
- Mission to Mars: Summer of STEM (Week 9)
- Strange but True: Summer of STEM (Week 8)
- Superhero Science: Summer of STEM (Week 7)
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!
Make Fake Snow - Craft Your Science Project