Solar Power Roundup
Hands-on STEM projects for K-12 students interested in alternative energy and the power of the Sun.
Solar Science Projects for Students
- A Cool Way to Make Electricity: Solar Cell Power Output vs. Temperature
- Are You in Hot Water? Use the Sun's Energy to Heat Your Own Water
- Build a Solar-Powered Bristlebot
- Cold Room? Heat It Up with A Homemade Solar Air Heater
- From Brine to Beverage: Solar-Powered Salt Removal
- Get Something for Nothing: Free Power from the Sun!
- How Does Solar Cell Output Vary with Incident Light Intensity?
- Learn How to Disinfect Contaminated Water
- Now You're Cooking! Building a Simple Solar Oven
- Solar-Powered Water Desalination
- Solar Speedway
- The Frightened Grasshopper: A Solar-Powered Robot Bug
- The Speed of Light: Explore Solar Energy with a Supercapacitor Car Motor!
A Career in STEMTo learn more about careers related to solar power, alternative and renewable energy, and other environmental science issues, see the following science career profiles:
- Energy Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Engineering Technician
- Solar Energy Systems Engineer
- Solar Photovoltaic Installer
Further ReadingFor additional related reading, see the following posts on the Science Buddies Blog:
- Building a Solar-powered Bristlebot
- Green Engineering: National Environmental Education Week
- Green Family Science: Pinpointing Constant Power Drain
- Microbial Fuel Cells: On the Hunt for Renewable Energy
- Pizza Box Solar Oven: Weekly Science Activity
- Solar Ovens Are Totally Hot!
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Rev Up STEM Learning with Car Science Projects
- 13 Paper STEM Activities!
- Popsicle Stick STEM Projects
- 10 STEM Activities with Cardboard Tubes
- Paper Circuits Science Projects
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing
- 15+ Plant Science Activities and Lessons / Teach Plant Biology
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
Explore Our Science Videos
Basic Circuits Kit: Conductors and Insulators
Jumping Candle Flame Experiments – STEM activity