Family Tree Science: Weekly Science Project Idea/Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of projects in honor of Father's Day and the science of family traits. In these hands-on genetics projects and activities, students investigate a family pedigree to see if they can determine whether traits are dominant or recessive. Do you and some (or all) of your family members share certain physical traits? Is a widow's peak passed down from generation to generation? Find out!
- Pedigree Analysis: A Family Tree of Traits (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
- Follow Family Traits with an Easy Tree (science activity at Scientific American)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Student Discovers Green Thumb Growing Plants without Water
- Elementary School Student Finds Science Fair Success
- 10 Projects to Get Started Building Circuits on a Breadboard!
- Students Race to the Finish with Solar Sprint Cars
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
Explore Our Science Videos
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity
Make Your Own Lava Lamp
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!