Heart-smart Science: Weekly Science Project Idea/Home Science Activity Spotlight
This week's spotlight pays tribute to Valentine's Day with a trio of health and human biology science projects that let students better understand how the heart works and how doctors can listen in to monitor a person's heart beat. Our hands-on science Project Idea guides independent student exploration. The classroom activity assists teachers with a short and easy to prepare classroom activity. And the new activity at Scientific American's Bring Science Home offers a related, family-focused exploration, perfect for home!
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Real-world Blood Typing and the Value of Blood Donation
- A Pet Science Project Success
- Laurel vs. Yanny and Student STEM
- Inspiring Students about STEM Careers and Robotics
- Celebrate Engineers Week with the Fluor Challenge
- Can Aerodynamic Suits Give U.S. Speed Skaters an Edge?
- Put a Heart Health Spin on Valentine's Day
- Classroom Science for Flu Season