Sauce Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a food science project and family activity perfect for the holiday kitchen! Are cranberries a part of your holiday menu? Does your family like a wiggly, solid cranberry roll, or do you make a looser cranberry sauce. What causes the difference in consistency? In these hands-on science projects, you and your family can experiment to see how cooking time affects the natural pectin in cranberries.
- From Sauce to Solid: The Science of Cranberry Condiments (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
- Saucy Science: Comparing Cranberry Condiments (science activity at Scientific American)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 STEM Gifts & Science Kits You'll Feel Good About Giving
- 13 Boat Science and Submarine Science Projects and Experiments
- July 4th STEM! Summer Science Picks for Independence Day!
- 12 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- 15 Science Projects to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Awesome Summer Science Experiments
- 10 STEM Activities with Cardboard Tubes
Explore Our Science Videos
The Ambiguous Cylinder Illusion
Flower Dissection – STEM Activity
How Much Weight Can Boats Float?