Seasons Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: an astronomy project that lets students and families use a simple homemade setup to better understand the way the tilt of the Earth's axis causes seasons. When a surface is titled, how does the light reaching it change? With a flashlight, a cardboard box, and some ordinary paper, you can get hands-on and experiment!
- The Reasons for the Seasons (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
- Seasonal Science: The Reasons for the Seasons (science activity at Scientific American)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Awesome Summer Science Experiments
- 10 STEM Activities with Cardboard Tubes
- 19 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good About Giving
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- 10 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
Explore Our Science Videos
Test Your Foods for Starch
Candy Snap! Does freezing candy make it more brittle?
How Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Take Over – STEM activity