Species Science: Weekly Science Project Idea and Home Science Activity Spotlight
In this week's spotlight: a pair of science projects for buggy, backyard exploration. What does it mean for an area to be have a lot of biodiversity? Why is this important to the health of an ecosystem? How do scientists measure biodiversity? You can explore by doing a study of the biodiversity of insects in your own backyard using a homemade bug collector. This week's hands-on science project and activity guide either an independent project or a family investigation. How many types of insects will you suck into your bug collector?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Superhero Science: Summer of STEM (Week 7)
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
- 10 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Wizards and Magic: Summer of STEM (Week 3)
- Gadgets & Gizmos: Summer of STEM (Week 2)
- 7 Science Kits for Summer Discovery
Explore Our Science Videos
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!
Make a Water Strider - STEM Activity
How to Make a Bristlebot