How do your favorite veggies compare when it comes to generating power? Find out with a hands-on veggie power electronics project!
Veggie Power isn't just for potatoes! How do other veggies (and fruits) compare?
The Veggie Power Battery science kit at Science Buddies is popularly used to explore the way simple potatoes can be used to generate a small amount of power and light up an LED light or activate a little buzzer. But potatoes are not the only veggies that can be used in a circuit!
With the plethora of pumpkins, gourds, and squash varieties in the produce section at the grocery, there are a number of vegetables kids might test as they explore alternative energy, electronics, and the basics of setting up a circuit. How do your favorite veggies compare when it comes to generating power? What about fruits?
We put a pair of butternut squash to the test recently using the Veggie Power Battery kit from the Science Buddies Store and the how-to directions in the Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power! project. This is a simple electronics experiment for kids to set up, and the results are fast, fun, and easy to see!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Backyard Science: Summer of STEM (Week 10)
- Mission to Mars: Summer of STEM (Week 9)
- Strange but True: Summer of STEM (Week 8)
- Superhero Science: Summer of STEM (Week 7)
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
Explore Our Science Videos
Make Fake Snow - Craft Your Science Project
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
How to Make a Bristlebot