How do your favorite veggies compare when it comes to generating power? Find out with a hands-on veggie power electronics project!
Veggie Power isn't just for potatoes! How do other veggies (and fruits) compare?
The Veggie Power Battery science kit at Science Buddies is popularly used to explore the way simple potatoes can be used to generate a small amount of power and light up an LED light or activate a little buzzer. But potatoes are not the only veggies that can be used in a circuit!
With the plethora of pumpkins, gourds, and squash varieties in the produce section at the grocery, there are a number of vegetables kids might test as they explore alternative energy, electronics, and the basics of setting up a circuit. How do your favorite veggies compare when it comes to generating power? What about fruits?
We put a pair of butternut squash to the test recently using the Veggie Power Battery kit from the Science Buddies Store and the how-to directions in the Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power! project. This is a simple electronics experiment for kids to set up, and the results are fast, fun, and easy to see!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
- 10 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- Wizards and Magic: Summer of STEM (Week 3)
- Gadgets & Gizmos: Summer of STEM (Week 2)
- 7 Science Kits for Summer Discovery
- Carnival Science: Summer of STEM (Week 1)
- Book list for science-filled summer reading!
Explore Our Science Videos
Slippery Slopes - STEM activity
Stretchy Balloons! Fun STEM Activity
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!