Halloween is next week, and you may have your mind on the treats you hope to rack up going door to door in your neighborhood, candy bag open. While Halloween's entourage of ghouls, goblins, and zombies may push science from your mind, you don't have to carve too many pumpkins to turn up a treat bag's worth of great science ideas related to Halloween.
All this week we'll be spotlighting some creepy crawlies, some things that go bump in (or light up) the night, and some other Halloween fun—all with a jolt of science thrown in.
Stay tuned for a round-up of Halloween science ideas—especially projects you can get started on after you've calmed down from the haunted house, after you've counted out and sorted your candy, and once the sugar buzz drops and the reality of a science project on the horizon comes back into focus!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- STEM is for Everyone: Ralph Braun, Engineer
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- Best of STEM Resources in 2019
Explore Our Science Videos
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity
Make Your Own Lava Lamp
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!