Halloween is next week, and you may have your mind on the treats you hope to rack up going door to door in your neighborhood, candy bag open. While Halloween's entourage of ghouls, goblins, and zombies may push science from your mind, you don't have to carve too many pumpkins to turn up a treat bag's worth of great science ideas related to Halloween.
All this week we'll be spotlighting some creepy crawlies, some things that go bump in (or light up) the night, and some other Halloween fun—all with a jolt of science thrown in.
Stay tuned for a round-up of Halloween science ideas—especially projects you can get started on after you've calmed down from the haunted house, after you've counted out and sorted your candy, and once the sugar buzz drops and the reality of a science project on the horizon comes back into focus!
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- Free Resources Support Teacher's Innovative STEM Academy
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 6 Steps to Success with the Fluor Engineering Challenge
- Take the Fluor Challenge for Engineers Week
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
5 Science Experiments You Can Do With Peeps
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity