A Geodesic Dome for the Season
Making a geodesic dome is always fun, no matter what materials you choose! With gumdrops and toothpicks, kids can make a dome and explore the math behind the structure. You can also upsize to straws or rolled newspaper!
Make your own geodesic dome with the Build a Gumdrop Geodesic Dome family-friendly science activity.
Explore other dome-related projects and posts at Science Buddies:
- Candy Corn Geodesic Dome
- Dome Sweet Dome
- Family Math: Making a Geodesic Dome from Straws
- Geodesic Gumdrop Dome: Weekly Science Activity
- Beyond Winter White: A Burst of Color for Winter Engineering
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fall Science - Free STEM Activities for Autumn Fun
- Halloween STEM Activities
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
- Free STEM Activities for Classroom, Remote, Hybrid, Pod Learning!
- Backyard Science: Summer of STEM (Week 10)
- Mission to Mars: Summer of STEM (Week 9)
- Strange but True: Summer of STEM (Week 8)
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make a Bristlebot
Two-Stage Balloon Rocket Introduction
Make a Lemon Volcano - Fun Science Experiment