Dancing Candy Hearts: Weekly Science Activity
Hands-on candy science activity for Valentine's Day.
What happens when you drop candy hearts in a glass of soda or seltzer water?
In this week's spotlight: a fun chemistry activity for Valentine's Day. If you have conversation hearts candies on hand this Valentine's Day, put a few aside for a fun family science experiment. What happens when you drop one of the candies into a glass of soda? Why? This hands-on science activity makes a great science conversation starter with kids.
- Dancing Candy Hearts (activity at Science Buddies)
- Sweet Science: Dancing Conversation Hearts (science activity at Scientific American)
- Coke® & Mentos®—Exploring Explosive Chemistry! (related Science Buddies project idea)
See also: 3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10 Reasons to Do the Rubber Band Car Engineering Challenge
- Black History Month - Learn More About these 38 Scientists for Black History Month!
- 49 New Science Projects in 2023!
- 25+ Coding Projects for Beginners and Beyond
- Diabetes Science Projects - Fostering Diabetes Awareness through Student STEM
- Native American Scientists and Engineers--Native American Heritage Month in Science Class
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing
- Chemistry and Health Science Projects for National Chemistry Week