Dancing Candy Hearts: Weekly Science Activity
Hands-on candy science activity for Valentine's Day.
What happens when you drop candy hearts in a glass of soda or seltzer water?
In this week's spotlight: a fun chemistry activity for Valentine's Day. If you have conversation hearts candies on hand this Valentine's Day, put a few aside for a fun family science experiment. What happens when you drop one of the candies into a glass of soda? Why? This hands-on science activity makes a great science conversation starter with kids.
- Dancing Candy Hearts (activity at Science Buddies)
- Sweet Science: Dancing Conversation Hearts (science activity at Scientific American)
- Coke® & Mentos®—Exploring Explosive Chemistry! (related Science Buddies project idea)
See also: 3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Inspiring Scientists and Engineers to Know - Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- Science Fair Projects to Explore the Science Behind Self-Driving Cars
- March Madness Basketball Science Experiments
- Women's History Month: 50+ Women in Science and Engineering to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the 2022 Fluor Challenge
- 2022 Paper Ball Run Fluor Challenge — 7 Steps to Success
- 4 Football Science Projects for Super Bowl-Sized Learning