Ebola Fighters Receive TIME Recognition
Today, TIME announced this year's Person of the Year—the Ebola Fighters. This general "grouping" of people is represented with cover photos paying tribute to five people who have played a notable humanitarian role in the Ebloa epidemic. Each person has a different story and a different experience with Ebola. Taken together, the group is an inspiring set of people making a global impact in the midst of what remains an unsolved and frightening health care epidemic.
To read more about TIME's selection, see the following articles:
Making Real-world Connections
Students can learn more about the science being used and researched as the Ebola crisis continues by exploring a related science project. For relevant project recommendations in areas of microbiology, biomedical technology, genomics, human biology, and even mammalian biology, see the Ebola: Understanding the Science of Viral Outbreaks special interest collection at Science Buddies.
For additional information and context in which to discuss and explore student science angles related to the global healthcare crisis, see Ebola Outbreak Reaches Epidemic Proportions in West Africa on the Science Buddies Blog.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Ebola Fighters Receive TIME Recognition
- Ebola Outbreak Reaches Epidemic Proportions in West Africa
- New Science Standards Emphasize the Engineering Design Process
- Excitement About Iron Man Fuels Student Science Inquiry
- Community Support for Science
- Frankenstorm Science: Hurricane Sandy
- Student Shares Story of Garage-based Lab and Wins Bio-Rad Scholarship
- Intel ISEF Winners Named
Explore Our Science Videos
Toy Sailboat with Keel
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
DIY Toy Sailboat