Green Candy Chemistry
With the Candy Chromatography chemistry project and kit, students can explore the colors of dye that make up favorite candy coatings. What dyes will appear when you do this experiment with green candies? Are the results the same for all green candies? This is fun, colorful, and visually clear hands-on science for K-12 students!
Paper Chromatography for Students
For more student paper chromatography experiments, see the following projects and activities:
- Candy Chromatography: What Makes Those Colors?
- Candy Color Chromatography
- Candy Chromatography
- Candy Chromatography Science Kit
- Make Your Own Markers
- Paper Chromatography: Is Black Ink Really Black?
- Reveal the Red: Exploring the Chemistry of Red Flower Pigments
- What Color Are the Leaves Really Turning?
- Find the Hidden Colors of Leaves
- Flower Pigment Science
- Paper Chromatography: Advanced Version 1
- Paper Chromatography: Advanced Version 2
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make an Archimedes Screw - STEM Activity
Physics and Chemistry of an Explosion Science Fair Project Idea
How to make an anemometer (wind speed meter)