Light Up Your Creativity with Electric Play Dough
Kids can add a kick of STEM to the equation when they integrate LEDs and circuits to their play dough creations!
Hands-on Creative Science
Rolling a ball or making a snake from dough can be fun for all ages. With simple electronics concepts and two different kinds of dough (insulating and conductive), students can add LEDs to their dough creations using the Electric Play Dough Kit from the Science Buddies Store.
The Electric Play Dough Kit can be used with the following series of hands-on science projects and activities that introduce students to circuits:
- Electric Play Dough Project 1: Make Your Play Dough Light Up, Buzz, & Move!: Create a simple circuit that lights an LED (light-emitting diode), buzzer, or motor.
- Electric Play Dough Project 2: Rig Your Creations With Lots of Lights!: Create simple series and parallel circuits that light multiple LEDs.
- Electric Play Dough Project 3: Light Up Your Sculptures!: Create a three-dimensional sculpture that lights up.
- The Electric Play Dough lesson plan is also available for classroom use.
Do Science at Home!
The Electric Play Dough kit and projects are great for creative, hands-on science exploration at home. Kids can use the series of projects (listed above) or follow the directions in this fun, family-friendly science activity: Squishy Circuits: Light Up Your Play Doh® Creations!
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Make some noise with three new science activities!
- Nine creative science projects to make and give!
- Science Project Success Story: Making paper speakers after school
- Colorful Walking Water Science Activity
- Is the Spoon Black or Silver?
- Colorful Candy Science
- 10 Boat and Submarine Science Projects
- The Physics of Falling Toast