4 Football Science Projects for Super Bowl-Sized Learning
Try these four football-themed science projects to tie in with the Super Bowl.
Four Football Science Projects for Super Bowl Week
Super Bowl Sunday is coming up! The New England Patriots will face the Los Angeles Rams for Super Bowl LIII on February 3, 2019. The science behind perfect spirals and successful field goals is something students can talk about and explore in advance of the big game.
The following science projects help connect student interest in football to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Football Field Goals: Going the Distance
- Field Goal! The Science Behind a Perfect Football Kick
- How Far Can You Throw (or Kick) a Ball?
- Measuring Concussion Risk in Football and Other Contact Sports
Sports fans can explore science related to other favorite sports in Sports Science projects from Science Buddies. With the Ping Pong Catapult Kit, students can do multiple science experiments, including projects about football and baseball.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- Women's History Month: 50+ Women in Science and Engineering to Learn More About
- Learn More About these 28 Scientists for Black History Month
- STEM is for Everyone: Jane Goodall, Zoologist
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- STEM is for Everyone: Annie Jump Cannon, Classifier of Stars
- 2020 Nobel Science Experiments for K-12 Students
- Halloween STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
Is the Egg Raw or Cooked? STEM activity
Build a Gauss Rifle
5 Science Experiments You Can Do With Peeps