Virtual STEM Expo
Try one of these 30 hands-on STEM activities for fun science and engineering exploration at home or in the classroom!
30 Fun Science Activities You Can Do at Home
You'll find directions for each of the short STEM activities featured in the video above linked below.
- How to Make Slime
- Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- Make Marbled Cards Using Science!
- Build a Balloon Car
- Make a Lemon Volcano
- Build A Vortex Cannon!
- Grow Rock Candy Crystals
- Popsicle Stick Chain Reaction
- Build a Paper Roller Coaster
- Elephant Toothpaste
- Build A Wall Marble Run
- Do Submarines Need Fins?
- Underwater Color Bursts
- Gear Up Your Candy
- Build a Paper Airplane Launcher
- Stretchy Balloon Science
- Erupting Diet Coke® with Mentos®
- A Candle Seesaw Balancing Act
- Build a Wind-Powered Car
- Make a Fire Snake
- Junkbots: Robots from Recycled Materials
- Creating Craters
- Secret Messages With Invisible Ink!
- Make a Cotton Ball Launcher
- Make an Alka-Seltzer Powered Lava Lamp
- Build a Paper Rocket
- Make a Toy Sailboat
- Candy Rainbow
- How Does a Wind Meter Work?
- The First Cartoon: Make Your Own Thaumatrope!
To view all 325+ activities at Science Buddies, see the full library of STEM Activities for Kids.
Other Fun Science Activities
For even more fun activities to try, see these collections:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Virtual STEM Expo
- Winter Science Lessons and Activities
- Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
- 16 Projects to Jump-start Your Makerspace
- Fall Science - Free STEM Activities for Autumn Fun
- Halloween STEM Activities
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!
Why Do Apples and Bananas Turn Brown? - STEM activity
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids