16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
March is Women's History Month! Learn more about women engineers and inventors in science history and get inspired by these 16 scientists!
Women's History Month: 16 Engineers to learn more about!
Update! Our Women's History post has been updated for 2021. The engineers from this page are now part of our larger Women in STEM! More than 60 Scientists and Engineers for Women's History Month post.
As part of Women's History Month, we put together the Women in STEM! More than 60 Scientists and Engineers for Women's History Month post to highlight stories of women in science throughout history. There are so many women who could and should be included in lists like this that we separated our list into two parts: scientists and engineers (in which we are including computer science and math). Our goal in sharing these short biographies of women in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is to continue to help students to see that science is for everyone—and that women have been inventing, innovating, and discovering all along.
We hope seeing lists like this will inspire students to learn more about these engineers and to explore related science projects, activities, and careers. For each engineer, we have included a very short biographical note, a link to a hands-on science project or activity related to the engineer's work, a link to a relevant science career profile, and a link to a biography to help students learn more about individual engineers. Educators can use this career worksheet to guide student exploration and reflection about STEM careers.
16 Women in Engineering, Math, and Computer Science
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Hispanic Scientists and Engineers - Hispanic Heritage Month
- Ocean Sciences Projects, Lessons, and Experiments
- 13 Boat Science and Submarine Science Projects and Experiments
- Sun and Solar Science Projects
- Rev Up STEM Learning with Car Science Projects
- Popsicle Stick STEM Projects
- Inspiring AAPI Scientists and Engineers - Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing