New Series of Science Buddies Books
In partnership with Lerner Publishing Group, some of our most popular hands-on STEM activities are now available in book form!
For almost twenty years, Science Buddies has been developing one of the most robust libraries of hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) projects and activities available online. Trusted by teachers and parents around the world and used by millions of students each year, Science Buddies knows a lot about making science learning fun and accessible.
With a new series of books from Lerner Publishing Group, popular Science Buddies activities are now available in themed collections that are perfect for classrooms and libraries—or for home!
Stock Your Shelves with STEM Activities!
The following Science Buddies books have been developed for readers in grades 2-5. All projects contain simple step-by-step directions, photographs, and science explanations.
- Hack Your Backyard: Discover a World of Outside Fun with Science Buddies®: with fun outdoor STEM projects like using crickets to tell the temperature, making a compass, building bug habitats, and examining the colors in plants, Hack Your Backyard encourages kids to unplug and explore their yards or parks through a scientific lens.
- 30-Minute Science Projects: this series features 6 titles each themed with a collection of hands-on projects that can be completed in half an hour or less:
- 30-Minute Chemistry Projects: exciting chemistry projects, including turning milk into plastic, making slime and snow, and a DIY lava lamp.
- 30-Minute Edible Science Projects: tasty food science projects, including making butter, ice cream, and marshmallows.
- 30-Minute Rainy Day Science Projects: great projects for indoor STEM exploration, including making tin foil boats, kazoos, soda straw rockets, secret codes, and more!
- 30-Minute Sustainable Science Projects: environmentally-conscious projects you can make using recycled materials, including hovercrafts, balloon cars, catapults, and a pizza box solar oven.
- 30-Minute Outdoor Science Projects: fun science projects to do outside, including making and testing bug collectors, kites, planes, rockets, hula-hoops, a compass, and more!
- 30-Minute Robotics Projects: engaging introductory robotics and electronics projects, including LED stickies, light-up paper circuits, Art Bots, Junks Bots, a dancing robot, and more!
Science Buddies books are available in library binding, paperback, and electronic formats. Library staff and educators can preview 30-Minute Edible Science Projects and Hack your Backyard using NetGalley.
Sparking New Interest in STEM
Making Science Buddies content available in book form is an exciting new step for Science Buddies, one that Sandra Slutz, Vice President of STEM Education says she and her team of scientists have been looking forward to for years.
"On the Internet, kids come to us because they have a school assignment, or they already have a passion for science. A book is different though. It can be seen in a store, at a library, or at someone else's home and spark a kid's interest," said Slutz. "Many of us at Science Buddies are parents, and we know the power of having a child casually pick up a book and then become totally engrossed in the pictures and possibilities. We are thrilled to be putting our science and engineering projects in that format to expose even more students to the fun of observing, experimenting, and building."
Science Buddies is excited to have partnered with Lerner Publishing Group to make engaging STEM activities available to young readers. "Lerner is committed to creating books that foster creativity, problem-solving, and a love of learning," said Adam Lerner, Publisher and CEO of Lerner Publishing Group. "We are proud to partner with Science Buddies, an organization that excels at encouraging kids to experiment, tinker, and explore the world around them."
Let Us Know What You Think!
We can't wait to hear what you think about this new way to access Science Buddies materials. You can send us feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Blending Science and Art with Paper Inventions
- Special Effects Fun with Nick and Tesla
- Nick and Tesla Build a Gadget Glove: Science Reading
- The Most Magnificent Thing: Science Reading
- Do Even More with Your Raspberry Pi Projects Kit
- Rosie Revere and Iggy Peck: Engineering Inspiration
- A Honeybee Mystery: Science Reading
- Nick and Tesla Secret Agent Gadgets
Explore Our Science Videos
5 Easy Fizzing & Foaming Science Projects
Flower Dissection - STEM Activity
Lift Ice with Yarn STEM activity