Four Fun Builds in One BlueBot Robotics Kit!
If giving kids something "to do" is a tradition in your house, consider this multi-use robotics kit. With multiple projects and guided directions at Science Buddies, the BlueBot Kit offers plenty of enriching robotics engineering fun to last the entire winter break and beyond!
One Kit, Four Robots
The BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Kit comes with the electronics parts kids need to build four different robots, each with its own sensor-driven behavior. Which one will be your student's favorite? Try them all and find out!
Science Buddies offers a range of great robotics projects from introductory toothbush-head bristlebots, vibrobots, and junkbots to more advanced light-tracking and solar-powered robots. All of these projects fit into a stepwise continuum of robotics engineering learning, but the BlueBot is a fan favorite for robotics enthusiasts of all ages.
The BlueBot kit is a great choice for students both for school science and engineering projects and just for fun. The kit's bright blue chassis provides the base for an oversized three-wheeled robot. The BlueBot's size makes it a lot of fun. Plus, this isn't a robot that will get lost under the couch in the same way a toothbrush head robot might. The BlueBot also uses larger motors, giving the BlueBot surprising speed, which kids love. This speed is especially exciting in projects like the Motion-activated Guard Robot BlueBot. In addition, BlueBot projects use more sophisticated circuits that the introductory robots. These projects provide a guided but satisfying build for students who are ready to extend their skills with more complicated robotics projects.
A Versatile Kit
The BlueBot: 4-in-1 Robotics Kit contains the specialty materials needed for the following BlueBot robots. Each robot features a different kind of sensor and/or behavior.
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot: Build a motion-activated guard robot and adjust its behavior to avoid false alarms.
- Build a Speedy Light-Tracking Robot: Build a light-tracking robot and make adjustments to improve the robot's performance.
- Build a Zippy Line-following Robot: Build a line-following robot and make adjustments so it can follow a line on the floor without going off-course.
- Build an Obstacle-Avoiding Robot: Build a basic obstacle-avoiding robot and improve the design to help it avoid getting stuck.
Build Now, Science Project Later
BlueBot projects can work both as at-home robotics exploration or as a science or engineering project for a school assignment (depending on the assignment requirements). Your student can build the different BlueBot models (one at a time) for fun and then come back later to do more in-depth testing of any of the BlueBots for a science project investigation or engineering design project.
BlueBot in Action
For an up-close look at the BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Kit, see the following posts on the Science Buddies Blog: Build a BlueBot Over Break, Build a BlueBot Guard Robot, and The Obstacle-Avoiding BlueBot.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Science Project Kits - Our top 10 list!
- 7 Science Kits for Summer Discovery
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- Three new Science Kits for K-12 STEM
- Shoebox STEM: A 4-H Success Story
- Students Explore Blood Type Chemistry
- A Water Sensor Circuit for the Tree
Explore Our Science Videos
Paper Rockets - STEM Activity
How to make an anemometer (wind speed meter)
Slow Motion Craters - STEM Activity