Fourth of July Science
Pair summer celebrations with fun hands-on science ideas! From water bottle rockets to the science behind fireworks and an LED dance party glove, we have suggestions to help light up and launch summer fun!
A Spectacular Display of Summer Science!
The following project ideas and activities fit right in with summer celebrations, fireworks, parades, nighttime fun, and the thrill of launching things like water bottle rockets:
- Fun with Fireworks Science
- Launching Homemade Baking Soda Rockets
- LED Traffic Glove
- Red, White, and Blue with Soft Circuits
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Explore Glow-in-the-Dark Water!
- Bottle Rocket Blast Off!
- Rocketology: Baking Soda + Vinegar = Lift Off!
- Erupting Diet Coke® with Mentos®
- Discover the Flaming Colors of Fireworks
- Rocket Science: How High Can You Send a Payload?
- LED Dance Glove: Get the Party Started with Your Own Interactive Light Show
- Paper Rocket Aerodynamics
- Coke® & Mentos® - Exploring Explosive Chemistry!
- Make Your Own Kazoo
- Make an Alka-Seltzer Powered Lava Lamp
For other fun summer science activities, see Get Ready for Summer Science.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Rev Up STEM Learning with Car Science Projects
- 13 Paper STEM Activities!
- Popsicle Stick STEM Projects
- 10 STEM Activities with Cardboard Tubes
- Paper Circuits Science Projects
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing
- 15+ Plant Science Activities and Lessons / Teach Plant Biology
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
Explore Our Science Videos
Cricket Wicket Knockdown: 2020 Engineering Challenge
Measure Static Electricity With An Electroscope!
Liquid Density Column – STEM Activity