Fourth of July Science
Pair summer celebrations with fun hands-on science ideas! From water bottle rockets to the science behind fireworks and an LED dance party glove, we have suggestions to help light up and launch summer fun!
A Spectacular Display of Summer Science!
The following project ideas and activities fit right in with summer celebrations, fireworks, parades, nighttime fun, and the thrill of launching things like water bottle rockets:
- Fun with Fireworks Science
- Launching Homemade Baking Soda Rockets
- LED Traffic Glove
- Red, White, and Blue with Soft Circuits
- Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Explore Glow-in-the-Dark Water!
- Bottle Rocket Blast Off!
- Rocketology: Baking Soda + Vinegar = Lift Off!
- Erupting Diet Coke® with Mentos®
- Discover the Flaming Colors of Fireworks
- Rocket Science: How High Can You Send a Payload?
- LED Dance Glove: Get the Party Started with Your Own Interactive Light Show
- Paper Rocket Aerodynamics
- Coke® & Mentos® - Exploring Explosive Chemistry!
- Make Your Own Kazoo
- Make an Alka-Seltzer Powered Lava Lamp
For other fun summer science activities, see Get Ready for Summer Science.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Fun, Free, STEM Activities for Preschool
- 9 STEM Activities to Teach about States of Matter
- 6 STEM Activities to Teach about Thermal Energy and Heat
- Star Wars-themed STEM Activities for May 4th
- 12 Engineering Design Challenges Perfect for Remote Learning
- 8 Free Science Activities with Toilet Paper Tubes
- 6 STEM Activities for St. Patrick's Day
- 3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day
Explore Our Science Videos
Slippery Slopes - STEM activity
Stretchy Balloons! Fun STEM Activity
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!